Thursday

Cheese...

Isn't she lovely?






My grandson Austin is the coolest two year old.

Admittedly, I'm a wee bit biased, but really. He is the coolest.

He's smart, funny, energetic - and quick to say, "I sowwy."

And like most two year olds (and little ones in general), he's a great imitator.

I was impressed with Austin and  his "camera" at his cousins' graduations earlier this month. He was a mini version of the rest of us taking photos - sizing up the opportunity, focusing through the viewfinder, and finally confirming the capture.

So cute, but it stopped me momentarily in my tracks. It was a clarion reminder of my "mimi" responsibility to model speech and behavior worthy of emulating.

It's a responsibility we've inadvertently wrongly placed on them.

"Be careful little eyes what you see."

"Be careful little ears what you hear."

Aren't we the ones responsible for where we take those little eyes and ears and to what we expose them in our homes and lives?

Sobering.
O God, from my youth you have taught me,
and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.
So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come.
~ Psalm 71:17-18