Saturday

When all you need is a little peace and quiet...

DSC_0110

And the effect of righteousness will be peace,
and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever.
My people will abide in a peaceful habitation,
in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.

Isaiah 32.7-8

DSC_0376

After my friend's children outgrew their need for a daily nap, she told them they still needed a quiet time to rest their ears. I suspected the need was as much for my friend as it was her children, but I thought the idea was brilliant.

And what a powerful habit for a lifetime - a daily time to rest my ears from even my own thoughts, that my mind can hear and be renewed by the Word and my heart can hear the Spirit's whisper, and the peaceful habitation and quiet resting place I desperately long for will not be dependent on my circumstances and a matter of the noises around me. It will be a condition of my soul.