Monday

The Very Big Green Caterpillar...

DSC03012

Louis called me outside with my camera this afternoon to photograph this very big, bright green caterpillar that was inching his way up the oak tree by the picnic table. 

The first thing I thought of when I saw this caterpillar was one of Mason's favorite books, The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. Mason also loved Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown and Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt- especially Pat the Bunny

When Jessi picked up Mason the afternoon they left for Texas, through tears I secretly tucked our copy of Pat the Bunny into Mason's Dr. Seuss backpack. 

The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Goodnight Moon, and Pat the Bunny are classics that I read many, many times to my own children when they will little. What are your favorite books for toddlers?