Friday

Saturday Photo Hunt - Hat(s)

Hats
I'm on the hunt early. With only a small window of time to work with this weekend, it was post early or late. I attended a funeral today. In many ways, it was one of the sweetest. The tributes were given by young people who I've been privileged to watch grow up with my own. They are very precious to me. Their words were poignant and endearing, and they made us laugh through our tears. As the service in the small rural church was coming to a close, I watched the small group of country gentlemen - pallbearers for Grandma Sudie (my friend Sharon's mom) - don their cowboy hats, and I knew exactly what photo I would post. The three young brothers in the photo were not at a funeral, though to them it might have seemed like it. They were watching and listening (and trying to stay awake) to their mother's campaign speech at a political event in the park by the river this summer. In the small town where we live, cowboy hats are proper attire just about anywhere. Blessings to all my photohunt friends and a great big thanks to TNChick, for hosting the Saturday Photo Hunt every week. For "hat(s)" photos from other Photo Hunt participants be sure to click on the Photo Hunter Banner or the Technorati PhotoHunt tag below. The theme for next week's Photo Hunt is: chipped.