Sunday

Savoring sweet sixty...

Pollywog Creek readers know how dreadful I am at receiving awards, and I fear that my reticence must make me seem dull and ingratious. The truth is that most of the time I honestly feel unworthy, especially compared to the talented, creative and beautiful young bloggers I read throughout the week. Despite my feelings of unworthiness, I have treasured the awards that have been sent my way over the years. I may have been shy to acknowledge them in a post, but your kindness toward me has been sweet encouragement.

Last week I received the following email...

top 100
Congratulations! Every year Internet Café Devotions hosts Blessed Aroma, a call out to blog readers to nominate their favorite blogs, in specific categories, written by Christian Women. Those with the most nominations are compiled into a list that gives us the TOP 100 Christian Women’s blogs each year. Your blog was chosen this year in the category of: “Beautiful Cup Blog”. We hope this blesses you as much as you have blessed others!
A sweet blessing indeed. As I recently wrote a friend, I'll be celebrating my 60th birthday this year. Considering the alternative, I should be rejoicing, but I've been dragging myself through the mud this year...revisiting and lamenting old and new failures...and longing for more than one do-over.

The good news is that while I chose to wallow in the muck, God never released His grip on me. He moved me along when I wanted to quit. When I'd had enough, He pulled me out and gave me a new perspective for the days ahead.

The Blessed Aroma award comes just as I have been considering how I am going to use this new perspective here on Pollywog Creek, so in honor of my season of "Savoring Sweet Sixty", I'll keep the banner in my sidebar until my birthday celebration in May.

Do stop by the Internet Café Devotions, and visit the other TOP 100 Christian Women Blogs. Your words of encouragement will be a blessing, I know.
"For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing" ~ 2 Corinthians 2:15