Wednesday

Don't ever give up, Mimi....



I'm somewhat distracted these days by two of those little boys that call me Mimi. It's a perfectly delightful distraction to have grandchildren under my feet, but for the life of me I don't know how all you young mothers keep up with young children and writing, too. I'm guessing that you must never sleep.

On the other hand, small children are the most amazing source of inspiration. They really do say the darndest things.

My learning curve for all things technical and electronic is a bit longer than most, I think. Remote controllers make me dizzy - just ask Emily. It would be one thing if all households had the same controller, but even that would only help a little. I'm still learning the one at our house (otherwise known as the "dooral"), and we have had satellite TV for two years. The good news for me is that I don't watch much TV anyway.

The "dooral" where I am staying is much more complicated, with options that tangle my brain. Casey has walked me through the steps more than once, but if just one wrong button is pushed, I'm hopelessly lost and that is the end of that - much to Mason's dismay. He jumps up and down, holding his breath that I'll stumble on the right button pushing sequence for him to play Wii. "Don't ever give up, Mimi," he cheers me on - with the self-centered motive you'd expect from a four year old.

He's right though, you know. Don't ever give up.