Saturday

Pirates and RiverDogs...

DSC_0085






























































































































As a mimi to two four-year-old rookies, I can't imagine a sport more entertaining than t-ball. It's a season that sadly (for me) comes to an end today with Mason's last game.

Gavin played in his last game over a week ago. I asked him earlier this week if he was glad t-ball was over or if he missed it like I do.

"I'm glad it's over."

"Why are you glad?"

"Because it just takes too long."

From the perspective of a four-year-old, I suppose he's right. Most rookies spend the season in the outfield, where there's little more to do than dig in the dirt or search for snails and grasshoppers in the grass.

At one of Mason's games, after most of the players had consumed their sports drinks before the game started, half the outfield HAD to go to the potty at the same time in the middle of an inning.

I suspect that coaches (and some parents) find t-ball antics less amusing than the rest of us. I pity them. It's been hilarious - the joyful heart medicine this mimi with a camera needed.