Tuesday

When it's a very good day and it's all I've got...

















































Like every other morning the past few weeks, Louis got me out of bed at 4 am to help me jump-start my day, but yesterday was different. An answer to prayer, I'm sure of it. 

Only three hours after getting out of bed, I entertained thoughts I'd not considered in weeks. I wonder if I can go outside with the camera this morning? Not far - not to the creek or the pasture or the pond - just the backyard?

I'd only be a few feet from the back door, but I needed to take everything I wanted in one trip. With both cameras, an extra lens, and my cell phone in an old basket that I didn't mind getting wet in the dew-soaked grass, I stayed outside long enough to get dew and sweat-soaked myself.  

Forgive me for posting more flamebush, beautyberry, insects, heart-shaped cut-outs on my backyard swing photos.

It was a very good day and flamebush, beautyberry, insects and heart-shaped cutouts are  all I've got, and they're more than enough for me.  

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
~ Lamentations 3:22-24