Wednesday

A month of gratitude::day twenty-three::Thanksgiving Day Eve...




Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 107:1 ESV

...for a grandlittle to play with and to cuddle on my lap
...for grace for the day, if not for the moment
...for the abundance of comfort measures - from heating pads to prayer
...for ceiling fans
...for the opportunity to serve in my church from home
...for God's steadfast love that endures forever!

I've both loved and struggled with the discipline of counting gifts every day this month of November while overcoming the temptation to publish more commentary. It's been a necessary respite that's allowed me to focus my energies on important projects that have needed my attention.

Though my daily gratitude counting online is coming to a close for this thanksgiving, thanksliving season, it's a discipline that continues on the pages of my journals.

{photos}recent Pollywog Creek fall colors in a collage of some of my favorites