Tuesday

Patsy Clairmont Interview, Part 2, Freedom...

In How to Study Your Bible, John MacArthur recommends reading an entire New Testament book every day for 30 days. It's a method I adopted several years ago to study the book of Ephesians, and it was life-changing. 

On the first day of this new year, Patsy Clairmont wrote on her Facebook page that her goal is to read the Book of Philippians every day this month, and she encouraged her Facebook and Twitter friends to do the same. 

I should have included the following with yesterday's questions, but I didn't, so I'll give it a post of its own today. 
Patsy, I know that you are reading the Book of Philippians every day this January. Has there been a verse that has really jumped out at you - that has been particularly meaningful to you - as you read through Philippians every day? 
If you've ever been a prisoner, (and I have as an agoraphobic), you can't help but be impressed that Paul's book on joy, Philippians, was written while he was incarcerated. I think my favorite verse is in chapter 4 verse 4, "Rejoice in the Lord always. And again I will say rejoice." There's something about the word "again" that really encourages me. So many truths slip our minds and it is a safeguard to have them repeated.
Patsy talks about that agoraphobic season, the freedom she experienced in Christ, and the importance of knowing and memorizing scripture in this wonderful short video: