Wednesday

I wonder...


Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


In our Pollywog Creek pasture, black-eyed susans dance on tall slender stems to early summer's warm breezes, while clumps of common tickseed and tiny southern fleabane push through the sandy ground along rusty fences and fill the shallow ditches by the road. 

They're common weeds, and come rainy season and the grass grows too tall, they'll be mowed over...and if I didn't have a camera, I'd hardly notice or care.

It's through the lens of the camera that I see beauty in the ordinary - the common weed - and the unmistakable fingerprints of an orderly, powerful Creator. 

And it makes me wonder what beauty I miss in the ordinary lives around me - image-bearers growing in the dry places of every-day life in the trenches.  

Lord, open my eyes to the wonder and beauty in every person you bring into my life this day.