Thursday

Apples of Gold...


Untitled

DSC_0050

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. ~ Ephesians 4.29
This verse from Ephesians was quoted often in our home in those years we were raising little ones - when unkind words rolled easily off tongues in moments of anger and hurt.

Years past those days of sibling rivalry - that passage speaks directly to me today as I prepare to write or speak. Though I'm not inclined to toss out unkind or corrupting words, all the editing for grammar and clarity means little if what I write or speak does not build up and give grace.

I'm grateful for the "builder-uppers" in my life - who see my need to be spurred on and encouraged  - and hold out apples of gold on silver trays of grace.
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.
~ Proverbs 25.11
{an edited repost}