Monday

To touch the souls of God's people...


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


It occurs to me that my words here on Pollywog Creek reach farther than the sermons of most pastors on Sunday morning and the weight of this lays heavy on my heart. 

It's a fearful thing to toss words about - to send them into the minds and hearts of others in this age of blogs and facebook and twitter  - where my circles of influence {and yours} are enlarged and words travel beyond imagination.

In Story Craft, John R Erickson, the author of Hank the Cowdog, writes this about his responsibility in writing children's fiction:
When parents and teachers allow you to touch the souls of their children, after a while you realize that you're not involved in a purely secular enterprise.
When God allows you to touch the souls of His children, as a follower of Christ, you realize that there's no place that is secular - no place where  words are without meaning - not in our homes, where we work, or on facebook and twitter. 

We can encourage or we can tear down. We can complain or we can offer solutions. We can be arrogant or humble, and it's a fearful and wonderful thing to know we have the potential {and responsibility} to reach into the lives of others with our words - to hold out the gospel, the hope that is within us, and shine like a star for Christ.


Do all things without grumbling or disputing,
that you may be blameless and innocent,
children of God without blemish
in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation,
among whom you shine as lights in the world,
holding fast to the word of life...

Philippians 2:14-16 ESV


{I've turned off comments this week to focus on little boys who call me mimi and have come to spend a few days with us here on Pollywog Creek. I might keep up with my Project 366. Then again, I might not. I pray your days will be as rich and full as I anticipate they will be here on Pollywog Creek.}

{Photos::along the southern fence}

Addendum: I obviously don't know how to turn off comments. =)