Thursday

Green is still the color of August...

Untitled

Untitled

DSC_0010

DSC_0425

It's a love/hate relationship I have with these dog days of August. Not in all my life (and I'm no spring chicken) have I adjusted to Florida summers; and the added effort it takes to get around these days makes the heat and humidity that much more oppressive.

I long to be outdoors - to soak my feet in the dew and wonder at the spider's delicate weavings and the amberwing's lacey wings, and drink in the lush green that's truly the color of August - but on most days, my feet and lungs won't take me there. A brief morning wandering in the still and heavy air leaves me drenched and done for the day.

Wishing my days away pining for cooler weather isn't an option. It shouldn't have been when I was younger (who ever has days to waste?), but it's even more imperative that I live well and in the moment on the back side of "the hill" in these hot and green August days. 
The LORD will GUIDE you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a WELL WATERED GARDEN, like a spring whose waters never fail.
Isaiah 58.11