Monday

31 Days::Day 1 - Just one thing...

Untitled

...I do not consider that I have made it my own.
But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind
and straining forward to what lies ahead.

~ Philippians 3.13 ESV

A few years ago I wrote about a particularly demanding and stressful season when I lived by Elizabeth Elliot's mantra to just do the next thing, but that there were days when just do ONE thing was more appropriate.

It's a way of thinking and doing and being that I need to restore - when the "straining forward" sometimes feels overwhelming, and I spin my wheels unable to accomplish everything, so I  don't finish anything. 

For 31 Days in October, it's my goal to do just one thing each day in 3 categories - one chapter of Scripture, one something nice and lovely for our home, and one simple chore. 

Day 1 - I Timothy 1 {The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. ~ v.15}, created an Autumn ambiance with Heather's recipe, 4 loads of laundry - washed, folded, and put away.

31 Days of Just One Thing