Tuesday

Sweet Shot Tuesday::Through the Screen...

Blue Jay Sweet Shot Tuesday  1-22-13

P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

The bird population has been way down on Pollywog Creek this winter, and I suspect that our unseasonably warm weather is to blame. I've seen several male painted buntings, but no juveniles or females, and only a handful of goldfinches and warblers. 

Most of the time, I'm inside the house when I see them, so many of the photos I've taken have been either through a window or the screen porch. Such was the case of my photo of this blue jay in the deciduous sweet gum tree taken last Friday. 

It's not as obvious in this photo as it is in some of my other ones, but while the photo isn't as sharp as it would be without the screen filter, the screen adds a softness or texture to the photo that I like.