Wednesday

I'm no butterfly...

DSC_0112

DSC_0142

DSC_0133

DSC_0159

DSC_0156

DSC_0143

DSC_0121

The long lapses between posts here on Pollywog Creek are not intentional. There are infinitely more posts swirling around me in bits and pieces of thoughts than I currently have the time and energy resources to connect into complete and cohesive sentences. I'm no butterfly.

For as long as I can tolerate the scorching afternoon sun, I stand by the firebush and watch the giant swallowtail flutter about like a hummingbird - with abundant energy, she's rarely still for even a second. Her wings in continuous waves of motion do not bode well for a photog like me, but I manage to capture her essence, I think. 

God knows my limited capacity for fluttering about like a butterfly - my abundant need for rest when life swirls around me. Maybe that's exactly for what Pollywog Creek was created - not the gathering of all those bits and pieces of thoughts, but to capture even the tiniest essence of God's mercy and glimpses of grace in this rapidly spinning world.  

As a father shows compassion to his children,
so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.
For he knows our frame;
he remembers that we are dust.

Psalm 103.13-14

DSC_0143