Friday

Advent Day 6::God is with me...

December 6

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. 
Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 7:14 ESV

“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
(which means, God with us).

Matthew 1:23 ESV

Today I'm having total knee replacement surgery on my left knee. What peace the name Immanuel gives me. God is with me. If all goes well, I'll be home Sunday.

The following resources were used to create one of my most popular series of posts and photographs here on Pollywog Creek. Through Advent 2013, I will be posting them again, with occasional rare commentary. They speak for themselves.

In addition to the resources listed below, I'm adding Ann Voskamp's The Greatest Gift - Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas to my daily readings this year.

The Cradle to the Cross Wreath by Caleb Voskamp
{ The empty "manger" at the end of the spiral in some of the photographs is not part of Caleb's wreath, but from a creche made of olive wood that was a gift from my parents many years ago.}

Advent Scriptures and Readings
The Handel's Messiah Family Advent Reader by Donna W. Payne and Fran Lenzo

Children's Bible
The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones