Sunday

I {LOVE} Sundays in Advent::to declare: my Redeemer lives...

December 22

December 22

For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet in my flesh I shall see God,

Job 19:25-26 ESV

But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:20 ESV

The following resources were used to create one of my most popular series of posts and photographs here on Pollywog Creek. Through Advent 2013, I will be posting them again, with occasional rare commentary. They speak for themselves.

In addition to the resources listed below, I'm adding Ann Voskamp's The Greatest Gift - Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas to my daily readings this year.

The Cradle to the Cross Wreath by Caleb Voskamp
{ The empty "manger" at the end of the spiral in some of the photographs is not part of Caleb's wreath, but from a creche made of olive wood that was a gift from my parents many years ago.}

Advent Scriptures and Readings
The Handel's Messiah Family Advent Reader by Donna W. Payne and Fran Lenzo

Children's Bible
The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones