Saturday

Still Saturday::to repent and rest...


For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel,
“In returning and rest you shall be saved;
in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.”

Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you,
and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
For the LORD is a God of justice;
blessed are all those who wait for him.
Isaiah 30:15, 18

The call to repentance and rest, and quietness and trust, comes to us like a kiss from heaven. Jesus, we find great comfort in your pursuing love.

I repent of letting needs dictate my pace.

I repent of trying to be my own savior, yet again.

I repent of doing more things for you than spending unrushed time with you.

I repent of listening to the squawking voices of human parakeets more than the comforting voice of the blessed Paraclete--God the Holy Spirit.

Jesus, as you rise to show us compassion, we will sit down, shut up, be still, and let you.
(From Everyday Prayers - 365 Days to a Gospel-Centered Faith by Scotty Smith, June 17)

Sandra Heska King - Still Saturday