Friday

Green is the color of August...

Bearing fruit...


Untitled


Pteroglossaspis (Eulophia) ecristata - aka the Giant Orchid


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Free for Bloggers


Untitled


Untitled


DSC_0090


Untitled
An edited repost - my signature segue into August

There are two reasons I love the month of August: the green-tinted kaleidoscope through which we view this rain-nourished world around us, and though it's only a minor seasonal fact that has little to do with the weather, August is the last full month of summer. It's hump-month. We're half the way to cooler mornings and pleasant evenings and no mosquitoes. 

Not that I'm complaining, because I promised myself long ago that I'd cultivate contentment and stop wishing my life away in anticipation of something in the future.

To not fully delight in the gifts of the moment is both foolish and ungracious, for it's not only all I really have, it's abundantly more than enough. 

So I begin the month of August once again counting a multitude of gratitudes for a day and a week and a month of more than enough. 
  • the color green - dotted with rippening beautyberries, a blazing flamebush, dangling clusters of wild grapes, and the giant orchids that have boldly pushed through the rain-soaked earth
  • four days and nights to run my fingers through his soft curly hair and leisurely cuddles with a baby grandlittle
  • Wednesday morning in study and fellowship with sisters in Christ and the teaching ministry of Beth Moore
  • an evening round the table with Nick, Casey and Emily for the first time since Christmas
  • the fervent prayers of righteous sisters carrying me through a seige with shingles
  • the daily reading in the Word with Louis 
  • my beautiful Emily home from Georgia - who makes days and nights with grandlittles possible
  • a blue bowl of sweet cherries
  • the assurance of God's new mercies every single day

Photos: August greens on Pollywog Creek