Thursday

Green is the color of August...

damsel fly

The life that surrounds me on Pollywog Creek - the birds and insects and pond and trees and the way the sunlight glows brilliantly through the light summer fog - are predictable and seemingly unchanging from year to year. Except for the summers with August hurricanes, August looks much the same year after year. Wet and green. I expect little else...

morning

...but the events of the day are much less predictable.

What I thought would be a quiet day at home - a few minor chores and generous time for reading and writing - evolved into a series of "crisis" interventions, engaging conversations and most of the day away from home.

The question was asked, "Did your day unfold as you expected?" and my answer was "yes and no," because I've come to "expect the unexpected."

...all the while resting in the assurance that there is One Who never changes and in Whom I can trust to order my days and my steps.
"For I the Lord do not change..." Malachi 3:6a "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17