Thursday

A morning shout for joy...

A drive to the city was not in my plans for the day. In fact, if I had any plans at all, they involved sleeping in followed by a slow and leisurely morning - not a 4:30 am call to awaken and coffee in a travel mug.

No emergency. Just a matter of lost keys and a need to help make a very early appointment.

That's how I happened to be parked off the side of the road in the pre-dawn darkness - with my travel mug of coffee and a wee bit of nothingness time to fill.

A layer of clouds hung low above the blazing horizon - much darker and more ominous than the fast approaching daylight later revealed.

It was stunning.

To think that I might have missed it - sleeping in and basking in the leisure of my living room.

I wonder.

What joy am I missing every single day in my desire to be cozy and comfortable?

An early morning wake-up call and coffee in a travel mug should happen more often, don't you think?

"...those who dwell at the ends of the earth are in awe at your signs. You make the going out of the morning and the evening to shout for joy." Psalm 65:8