Tuesday

First Friday::September 2009...

I'm quite aware that today is Tuesday.

Friday was the beginning of four energetic days...of precious as gold time and lively conversation with loved ones...of little boys and all their toys, of diaper changing and baby rocking...

of Gator football and Yankee baseball...

...of perfectly grilled steaks, juicy hamburgers and marinated chicken. Baked sweet potatoes with generous spoonfuls of cinnamon and brown sugar. Jessi's chile con queso, Louis' fluffy pancakes, Emily's oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies, my (award-winning) orange-blueberry bread and store-bought ice-cream. Our little house was bulging with life, laughter and occasional tears. It was loud and chaotic and exhausting - and I loved every minute.

Hours before the delightful distraction of rambunctious little boys and sweet baby love, I soaked my feet in the dewy wet morning - inspired to create a "First Friday" photo challenge that I hope to remember to keep. I'm better these days at making memories than keeping them.

I'd rather have noisy grandchildren under my feet and baby drool on my t-shirt, than a quiet house to collect my thoughts and craft meaningful prose....which explains why my "First Friday" post is going up on a Tuesday.

As for man, his days are like grass;
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
for the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
and its place knows it no more.
But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him,
and his righteousness to children's children,
to those who keep his covenant
and remember to do his commandments.
The Lord has established his throne in the heavens,
and his kingdom rules over all. Psalm 103:15-19