Monday

Summer::July Part 1:and God saw that it was good...























[Hurricane Irma has been a major disruption, but it's a story for another month--September, to be exact. And though it's technically now fall, I'm determined to resume my summer photo series where I left off at the end of June. It's bittersweet to look back at pre-Irma photos of our Pollywog Creek property, but July Part 1 is all about the beach.] 

July for me began exactly where June ended--with sand between my toes. 

Both the beginning and end of the first week of July were overnights at the beach with family in a lovely stilt house on a royal poinciana lined street a block from the gulf.

Summer days of beach morning glory, white sand, and warm salty breezes. Sandcastles, cousins, sunscreen, and body boards. Board games, card games, pizza, laughter, and a dance party. Blue-striped beach umbrellas and an evening sky lantern launch. Afternoon thunderstorms and those divine, glorious sunsets.

In the days in between, Emily left for Rwanda and Louis experienced what was probably the beginning of a detached retina--a situation that became a reality one month later. But first there was the beach.
God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good. 
~Genesis 1:10
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. 
~Psalm 139:9-10