Wednesday

Project: Coffee::Fashion Statement

Fashion Statement
My month of coffee seems to have turned into a month of coffee cups. Probably much more realistic for someone like me who lives in a rural community an hour from the closest starbucks. I had to laugh this morning when I realized my unplanned fashion statement: a coffee mug that matched my sweater, my pajamas and my tablecloth. My "U.S. Merchant Marine Academy MOM" mug is one of my favorites. Our son Nick graduated from Kings Point in '05 and our whole family benefited from his 4 years at the Academy. Nick was appointed Regimental Commander (leader of the student body) his senior year and marched in the 2005 Inauguration parade, and Emily and I were gifted a trip to D.C. to attend the Inauguration events. We sat with the military in bleachers during the parade and froze our buns, but the entire experience was one that we will always treasure.