Wednesday

Time flies...

Spring Couples

The male painted bunting and two green painted buntings are regular visitors to our backyard feeders these days - along with a flock of molting goldfinches that gobble up the seed as fast as I can fill the feeders. The painted buntings appear frequently throughout the day, making it difficult for me to document each siting for the observation team. I keep my camera on the windowsill and snap quick photos through the window - like those above - when I happen to catch a glimpse of them as I walk by. Though the photos aren't the quality I prefer (I don't have a zoom lens and my windows need washing), at least I can refer back to them to remember the date and time of day that I saw them.

I'm anxious to return to my "free time" thoughts, but unless Gavin takes a particularly long nap this afternoon, it likely won't be today. My "free time" appears to have vanished these days, but I'll leave you with a couple of scriptures (emphasis mine) that God has been impressing on me this week...

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.

~ Ephesians 5:15-16

Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.

~ Colossians 4:5