Saturday

Saturday Photo Hunt - Thankful...

Where to begin. I can barely scratch the surface...
Family Two little boys who call me "mimi" and made countless bumpy strolls around Pollywog Creek with me and my camera... DSC06555 Doppler radar and generators during hurricane season... Faygenerator Jobs and the ability to work... DSC00276 A small and simple home... simplehome Summer rains... Life, friends, music, books, food, clothes, medicine, sunlight, ocean breezes, laughter, love, joy, peace..................... An endless list. I have one more photo to post, but it is one I am still working on. I could just let it go, but it is a photo that my "thankful" photo hunt feels imcomplete without. I hope you will come back later and that you'll understand why.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. ~ Colossians 3:16
Later...
A "thankful" post on Pollywog Creek is incomplete without the cross, for it is the cross of Jesus Christ that all of life - all that is good and worthy of thanks - is centered. Not happy with any of the cross photos in my archives, I was still contemplating what to do this morning when I began to prepare the table for our family lenten worship that begins tomorrow and continues through the next six Sundays before Easter. It was over fifteen Easters ago that our son Nick crafted this cross from pine tree limbs and it has been the centerpiece for our family worship every Lent since. Our Lenten Worship Cross The pieces of wood are 21 and 14 inches in length. They are notched at the point of intersection and secured with one nail through the back. The longer piece was carved flat to stablize it as a candle holder/centerpiece. We have used a variety of candles in the holes Nick drilled for that purpose, from tall purple tapers to short white ones. This year I decided to hot glue small white jasmine-scented votives (in clear plastic holders) over the holes and I think I like that best of all.

A thankful welcome to all my photohunt friends - with extra big thanks to TNChick, for her gracious hosting of the Saturday Photo Hunt every week. For "thankful" photos from other Photo Hunt participants be sure to click on the Photo Hunter Banner or the Technorati PhotoHunt tag below. The theme for next week's Photo Hunt is: space.