Friday

Saturday Photo Hunt - Pink...

I'm posting my Saturday Photo Hunt on Friday evening this week. The "pink" theme is to blame. Pink happens to be one of my favorite colors, but I simply cannot bring myself to post "pink" on the most "red, white and blue" day of the year...so I'm bending the photo hunt rules just this once. While cleaning out my closet recently, I noticed that almost every article of clothing in my closet is either a shade of pink or blue or white. I did say pink is a favorite. I was tempted to take a photo of my pink clothes for the hunt, but decided that just like my wardrobe, it would probably be a boring photo. So I did what I usually do on Friday nights - I searched through my archives - this time for favorite pinks...
pink
Winters in Florida are so lovely and mild - rarely cold enough for more than a sweater, but sometimes the mornings are chilly enough that a scarf is the perfect addition to a cozy sweatshirt - and mine, of course, is pink. Then late in the winter, the azaleas begin to bloom and the morning light on pink azaleas is divine. The last pink in this collage is from an art journal entry last April, when I declared that my heart was fixed.
pink2
I took these photos in my kitchen a couple of weeks ago. The rose bush that produced these lovely pink blossoms was given to me as a gift for teaching vacation Bible school the summer Emily was born - eighteen years ago, and despite freezes, droughts and simple neglect, it has consistently blessed us with an abundance of beautiful and fragrant roses. Pink was a Photo Hunt theme two years ago and just in case you missed my "pink" photos then, I decided to add them to my very pink post today (the roses are from that same bush)...
pinksunset A pink sunset over Pollywog Creek May 2006 And a plethora of shades of perfectly delightful pink flowers...
pinkhibiscus Pink Hibiscus
pinkzinniablooms pinkzinniasonstems Pink Zinnias
pinkroses Pink Roses

Thanks so much to TNChick, for her faithful and gracious hosting of the Saturday Photo Hunt each week. And pray for her husband. He was hospitalized earlier this week and there's been no further word regarding his condition. For "pink" photos from other Photo Hunt participants just click on the Photo Hunter Banner or the Technorati PhotoHunt tag below. The theme for next week's Photo Hunt is "garbage".