Tuesday

Yesterday...

DSC00070

Just yesterday I confessed my ingratitude and sincerest intentions to stop complaining about the weather. Afterall, we live in paradise six months out of the year, and it's rather selfish of me to whine about the other six months of misery, don't you think?

 
Dragonfly

And even if we didn't have six months of paradise, complaining is just wrong. Foolish, in fact. If you don't believe me, just read through Exodus or this.

 
DSC00016

Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world... ~ Philippians 2:14-15
So if you catch me complaining (that means you, too, Emily) about the weather or anything, you have my permission to correct me. I mean it.


DSC00001

Not long after my confession, I stepped outside for a moment and was amazed at the cool breeze that brushed against my face. It was a most pleasant surprise, and I lingered awhile, delighting in a taste of the cooler days that are normally weeks away.
 
DSC00046

"It smells like fall,"
Emily insisted, and she was right. We turned off the air-conditioning and opened a few windows. Seriously. Deep into summer in the sub-tropical south and we opened our windows. Miraculous. 
 
DSC00029

We soaked up as much of the goodness as we could. Sweatshirts and socks even while napping by the opened porch...

 
DSC00022

...leisurely walks around the pond and a good book on the swing under the sweetgum tree. Thank You, Father, for yesterday. It was a very good and perfect gift.
 
DSC00025

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. ~ James 1:17