Thursday

Not good enough...


Here comes the sun...


"What kind of camera do you use?"

It's the question I most often dread.

I'm truly an amateur. When I describe my little point-and-shoot Sony set on manual mode, I'm confident that anyone who knows photography is going to scratch me off their list of serious photographers.

"Who do I think I am anyway."

Embarrassed. I come this close to deleting "photographer" from my profiles.


DSC00059


But I'm quickly humbled. And ashamed.

Am I denying a gift and therefore refusing the Giver?


DSC00030-1


Is my embarrassment just another way of failing to acknowledge the all-sufficiency of the Creator from Whom all blessings flow?
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work." ~ II Cor. 9.1

DSC00146


Is my embarrassment - my apologies for the weaknesses and failures and lack of knowledge - nothing more than a sad commentary on my pride? A reliance on my abilities and professional equipment?

I realize my arrogance - the foolish assumption that I'm responsible. For the beauty. For the good things.


DSC00160

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." ~ James 1.17
The ESV Study Bible comments "there is nothing in this world that is truly good that has any other origin than from above."


DSC00185


I take a deep breath and step out on the faith limb.

"I'm good enough with a Sony point-and-shoot, because it is all good - the gift, the camera, and God is my All-Sufficiency."

What about you? Do you know the gift you have been given and that it is more than enough?