Thursday

I need to say it again...







Radiant

I sought the Lord, and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant,
and their faces shall never be ashamed
.
~ Psalm 34.4-5 (ESV)



...for me.

Because when I catch my image in the mirror and see the ten years and ten pounds that RA and prednisone have added without mercy, "radiant" is not the word my heart speaks.  

That God declares that I am radiant has become more precious to me today than when those verses from Psalm 34 were my reality years ago - when in a season of darkness, with great compassion and mercy, God released me from decades of bondage to fears.  

I can't avoid the mirror. And unless God in His great sovereignty chooses to heal me, I can't control the effects of RA and prednisone, either. What I can do is take God at His Word, and know that what I see in the mirror is not what God sees, and it's only what God sees and says that is truth. 

In God's heart, I'm radiant. Not because of anything I say or do, but because it's what God says.   

I really do want to know what truth God is speaking into your heart these days...and I'd be honored to pray for you as you take Him at His Word.

{If you are participating in Holley Gerth's giveaway, don't forget - the deadline is midnight tonight.}