Monday

The work of our hands...


DSC_0240 It's a matter of perspective... DSC07051 Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, 
 and establish the work of our hands upon us; 
 yes, establish the work of our hands.. 
Psalm 90:17 ESV 

 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, 
 but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. 
 Give her of the fruit of her hands, 
 and let her works praise her in the gates. 
Proverbs 31:30-31 ESV

As I count gifts with Ann in community this Labor Day, I am grateful for...

...the redemptive, reconciling, recreative work of Jesus Christ on the cross that gives meaning and purpose to all my work
...God's favor in my work and the strength and wisdom He provides to accomplish the work He has established for me and my family
...a husband who embraces his role as provider, understands the wisdom of hard work and a sabbath rest, and taught our children to know the same
...the work my husband and children have been given that provides income for our families in this season of rising unemployment 
...the work my family has without an income - that comes not with a paycheck but with the joy of serving
...the circle of influence around my work - the people God has place in my path because of my work
...those who work for my health and safety and comfort
...those who labor on farms and in groves and fields that I might have food to prepare for our table
...the grilled hamburgers, baked beans, potato salad, fresh fruit, banana pudding, blueberry peach cobbler and sweet tea - the abundance on our table as we celebrate the gift of work with our family this Labor Day


What about you? Are you able to give thanks for the gift of labor - with or without a paycheck - today?  





{Photos} laborers in the fields of rural south Florida and Louis working and resting on Pollywog Creek