Tuesday

To do it afraid...


Fear....


{The truth in this edited repost from my archives is one I need to be reminded of today.}

For that tiny moth atop that equally tiny flowerhead it's a long way to the ground - but for her wings.

It's a picture of faith,,I think - those wings to launch off into the deep - trusting that God will supply all the wing power needed for the jump.

In his message on Sunday, Pastor Eric reminded us that fear is the number one hindrance to doing what God asks us to do. It was a message meant for me.

My friend Sam added that we don't wait for fear to be overcome before we obey, but we push past our fear and build our faith by just doing it afraid

I confess an embarrassingly long list of fears that have hindered me - fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of disappointing others, fear of causing others to stumble, fear of saying something stupid, fear of not being good enough - and so on.

In faith I'm wearing my faith-wings to jump out and do what I know God has called me to.

That's my chalkboard message to myself for the week: Do It Afraid.

What about you?

What did you hear in the message from your pastor that was meant for you - and how are you applying it this week?