Friday

31 Days::Day 26 - River walk...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

DSC_0172

DSC_0170

DSC_0151
{...a few photos from that leisurely walk along the river I mentioned yesterday}

Only five more 31 Days - and truthfully? I'm ready for them to come to an end.

A few weeks ago I mentioned to a friend that sometimes we need to pull away from what is pulling us down, and it's obvious to me that I need to take my own advice. Too much time online - writing {even short posts} and reading {many other posts} every day - is pulling me down {comparing myself with the accomplishments and giftings of others} and pulling me away {an abundance of wonderful blogs and not enough time} from other projects and priorities that are important to me. Know what I mean?

And as I read this morning in verse 6 of Romans 12 - Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them... - I can't be using the gifts God gave me if I'm spending too much time admiring and longing for the gifts of others. There's too much work to do in God's Kingdom for me to be  wasting time so foolishly {wanting the gifts of others}. Yes?

Addendum: Just watched Sarah Mae's talk from last night at Allume {free if you register at teachthemdilengtly.net } and she confirmed everything I wrote above.

Day 26 - Romans 12 {...Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. vs 9-10}, not sure about the lovely "just one thing" category, but my one chore is to clean out the desk in the dining room.


31 Days of Just One Thing