Thursday

31 Days::Day 25 - Oh, the depth of the riches...

Untitled

Untitled

The Lord is my light and my salvation; 
whom shall I fear? 
The Lord is the stronghold of my life; 
of whom shall I be afraid?  

I'm anxious to be out the door these gloriously golden late October days, because I'm learning it's the light I've been missing - cooped up in the house to escape the harshness of summer.

I leisurely {as though I have the ability to do differently} wander along the river at the park in town or around our pond here on Pollywog Creek and whatever it is that otherwise weighs heavy seems to slide right off. Sluggishness gives way to a lilt in my limp as the light filters through the live oaks by the river and the feathery leaves of the cypress trees flutter into the pond and where warblers hop from limb to limb.

While cleaning out old files several years ago, I found the outline of a talk I'd given to a group of women at least ten years before, where I applied the characteristics of light to the ways God had revealed Himself to me. I've shared that outline before, but it seems appropriate to me to do so again today, because it's light I seem to be missing.
Light shows us the way out of darkness... I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness." John 12:46 
Light shows us the way in darkness... Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. Micah 7:8 
Light reveals what is hiding... He uncovers the deeps out of darkness and brings deep darkness to light. Job 12:22 
But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible... Ephesians 5:13 
Light heals... He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3 
Light shines through "cracks" and weaknesses... For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. II Corinthians 4:5-6 
Light attracts... Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life... Philippians 2:14-16 
Light reflects... Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1-2
Day 25 - Romans 11 {... Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! vs 33}, new cuttings of asparagus fern and flame bush blossoms, a mountain of laundry.

Untitled

31 Days of Just One Thing