Thursday

It's when you finally quit...

DSC_0051

My husband frequently asks a rhetorical question that's been resonating with me lately.

You know the best thing about hitting your head against the wall? He asks. It's when you finally quit.

I feel like I've been hitting my head against a few walls these days and it's either the wall or my head that's too thick. What ever it is, I decided it's time I quit, back off from those walls for a while and evaluate them from a distance while I focus on a few bread-and-butter writing assignments I want to wrap up before the holidays, as well as some projects that are important to me.

My plan {Lord willing} is to take a virtual vacation from Pollywog Creek and return around Thanksgiving - at the very least, by December 2, the first Sunday in Advent - when I hope to begin posting daily advent devotions and holiday ideas for grandmothers.

In the meantime, I plan on keeping up my 2012 Photo Project 366 - and don't go away, because I might pop in here from time to time with a photo or two and a few brief thoughts. Who knows - I might start hitting one of those walls again and break through. Until then...
...let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
Colossians 3:15 ESV