Wednesday

Of birds, boys, and a belated thanks...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

afterthanksgiving

afterthanksgiving

Song Sparrow

DSC_0392

DSC_0466

DSC_0448

DSC_0380

DSC_0457

DSC_0449
When our population of birds begins to swell with their winter migration south, I dust off the feeders, fill them with fresh seed, and hang them in the sweetgum trees in the backyard.  Thanks to Robin (@Robin's Nesting Place) and her Lowe's Creative Ideas $50 gift card giveaway, I recently purchased feed and the squirrel-resistant feeder pictured at the top.  

Robin is a talented and creative designer and photographer, and her latest Creative Ideas project is a perfect example. Thank you, Robin, for your inspiration and for hosting the Lowe's gift card giveaway. 

My daughter insists that my interest in photography and birds is a sure sign of my maturity I'm growing old. She may be right, but it's a fascination I've managed to pass on to the little boys who call me "mimi" {remember this?}. 

It makes me smile to see the oldest three boys explore with one of my old cameras - my first digital point-and-shoot that I no longer use, but I keep just for the grands.