Tuesday

Sweet Shot Tuesday::Light...

Untitled

P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

Facebook friends will not be surprised by this photo. I posted it yesterday after Emily and I were greeted with this amazing picture.

It's been an unusually warm winter here in SW Florida. I was excited about this recent cold snap and the opportunity to try to photograph macros of the frost that was forecast for the morning, but I was disappointed when I woke up and discovered that it was ten degrees warmer than they had expected. There was no frost. 

I didn't even bother to look outside because I was sure that there would be nothing unusual out there for me to photograph, but Emily needed me to move the truck so that she could get the car out of the garage and go to work. As we walked outside, we were stunned by the view. 

As Emily took pictures with her phone, I moved the truck and hurried back inside to get my camera. To think that I almost missed this because I thought there'd be nothing to see. 
  
As I brought the photos up on my computer, a passage in John 9, where Jesus healed the boy who had been blind from birth, came to mind, and I began to see more than just light and fog and smoke.

It's not the sun shining through a clear blue sky that creates the wow...it's the sun breaking through a layer of fog and smoke. As Jesus said, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him....As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” 

That's the wow - when Christ Light breaks through the smoke and fog in our lives that the "works of God" are clearly displayed to His glory. 

Untitled