Wednesday

The bad news would be this...

DSC_0216

DSC_0048

DSC_0010

I've always admired my husband Louis' quick thinking. He's never without a wise or witty answer or comeback to everything. Sure, that sometimes gets him in trouble, with me anyway, but most of the time he's right on target.

At dinner last night, he told me that someone at work asked him, Do you want the good news or the bad news?

There's only one bad news, Louis said he answered, and that would be that Jesus isn't coming back and since I know that wouldn't be true, go ahead and tell me whatever you want.

I can only imagine the look on his co-worker's face, but what a great perspective, don't you think?

If God is sovereign in all my affairs, loves me with an everlasting love, is my strength and my shield, promises to only give me good things, and I know all of that to be true, then what have I to fear?

Where is the bad news?

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?

Psalm 118.6

If God is for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8.31

So we can confidently say,
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear;
what can man do to me?”
Hebrews 13.6