Tuesday

To radiate the beauty...

_DSC0119-001

_DSC0156

_DSC0230

_DSC0152

Truly charity has no limit; for the love of God has been poured into our hearts by His Spirit dwelling in each one of us, calling us to a life of devotion and inviting us to bloom in the garden where He has planted and directing us to radiate the beauty and spread the fragrance of His Providence.
St. Francis de Sales
I haven't always cared much for the garden where [I've been] planted. In fact, I downright refused to grow roots here or to see the beauty that radiated from what and who did.

Twenty-five years later, I'm embarrassed to remember that season of ingratitude and rebellion against God's providence and sovereignty. But remember, I must - for like the Israelites, who in the hard desert wandering, forgot the oppression of Egypt, to forget makes it easier to return to a season of discontent.

Like wildflowers that flourish in fields of glory or roadside ditches - the choice is not theirs to make. They cheerfully root and bloom where ever the wind takes them. 

So be it with me, Lord. So be it with me.