Saturday

Still Saturday::to rejoice in suffering...

_DSC0021

_DSC0007

What does it mean that because of Christ's death for us God will certainly with him graciously give us "all things"? It means he will give us all things that are good for us. All things that we really need in order to be conformed to the image of his Son (Romans 8.29). All things we need in order to attain everlasting joy.

It's the same as the other biblical promise: "My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19). This promise is clarified in the preceding words: "In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:12-13).

It says we can do "all things" through Christ. But notice "all things" includes "hungering" and "needing." God will meet every real need, including the ability to rejoice in suffering when many felt needs do not get met.
John Piper,  The Passion of Jesus Christ p. 53
{Between February 12th and April 16th (the Wednesday before Easter), I am reading and discussing John Piper's The Passion of Jesus Christ - Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die with a group of friends. From now through Easter, my Still Saturday quotes and I {LOVE} Sunday scriptures will come from my readings in this book by Piper, and the photos might simply be a few favorites from those I've taken during the week.}

Sandra Heska King - Still Saturday