Monday

To be hidden...

DSC_0016

I write about having a life hidden in Christ, but what does that look like in this world of Christian celebrities, and breaking through glass ceilings, and building a tribe, and standing on platforms? 

DSC_0024-001

For days I'm amused by the big green caterpillar and little green frog that live in the gardenia bushes outside the study, but they are sometimes difficult to find as they cling to the shrub's thick green foliage - hidden by their natural camouflage. 

bl

One day I look and look, and I don't find them anywhere - hundreds of bright green leaves, but no caterpillar or little green frog. 

DSC_0134

The very next day, I look again, and sure enough - they were there all along. And I see a glimpse of what it is to be hidden.

Because I'm created in God's image, and the Holy Spirit is at work molding and making me more like Jesus...

DSC_0042

....if I surrender to that process and cling to Him, you'll have to look real hard to see me.

Apart from Christ, all you see is me - clamoring for attention, pushing my personal agenda, pointing to my accolades and boasting of my accomplishments.

But when my life is hidden with Christ in God, you'll only see the Jesus who hides me. 

DSC_0129

If then you have been raised with Christ,
seek the things that are above,
where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Set your minds on things that are above,
not on things that are on earth.
For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
When Christ who is your life appears,
then you also will appear with him in glory.

Colossians 3:1-4

{edited from the archives}