Friday

Project: Coffee::Good Morning

Good Morning Hazelnut cream beans and Sweetwater Organic Good Morning Blend

My favorite afternoon coffee pleasure comes from fresh ground hazelnut cream flavored beans, but for breakfast this morning I ground Sweetwater Organic Good Morning Blend. The Sweetwater website description states: "Good Morning (Medium Roast) Harmonious Breakfast blend of new crop Central and South American shade grown beans in a Full City Roast. Sweet, milk chocolaty and bright, with a smooth, nutty finish. 100% USDA Certified Organic, 60%+ Rainforest Alliance Certified™, 50%+ Smithsonian Bird Friendly, Shade Grown."

The Sweetwater blend is new to me - a wonderful gift from my brother in law who lives in Gainesville (the home of Sweetwater) and knows of my affection for coffee. Thank you, John.

It was chilly and rainy on Pollywog Creek today. Tomorrow promises to be even colder, but dry and sunny - a perfect day for coffee and books and a quilt and a nap on the backyard swing. It was two weeks ago, that I last mentioned coffee and books in the same sentence. Our lifegroup was just beginning to read Unpacking Forgiveness by Chris Brauns. We have now read through chapter 3, and I must say the discussions have been lively and good.

Emily and I are reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Life-changing. Emily introduced me to the teachings of Francis Chan a little more than a year ago, and now that I have an iPod, I subscribe to his podcasts(go to media and then "get a sermon") and listen on my walks around Pollywog Creek. His recent series entitled "Living a Life that Matters" is outstanding. Both Crazy Love and Unpacking Forgiveness were reviewed by Tim Challies and are on his list of "Top 8 Books of 2008".

Emily just finished When Character Was King: A Story of Ronald Reagan by Peggy Noonan. I read this Reagan biography years ago and loved it. So did Emily. Emily has decided that she wants to read a book by or about all 44 United States Presidents. Do y'all have any suggestions?