Monday

Free time::Part II...

Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal
Green Painted Bunting
Green Painted Bunting
Painted Buntings
Yellow-rumped Warbler
DSC02642
DSC02663
I've been told that we fifty-something-and-older ladies can get away with a host of fun, silly and embarrassing activities - like playing in water fountains or wearing red and purple hats - by blaming it on our age. I'm probably not brave enough to try either one of those - yet. Besides, I'm having more fun embarrassing my family by taking a gazillion photographs of flowering weeds and birds. I must admit it though - taking a gazillion photographs might not always be the best use of my time. As I have recently considered the activities that fill my days - I've prayerfully considered that my current photography hobby habits just might be a distraction that lures me away from things I'm confident God has called me to do. Last night I had a weird dream that I'm blaming on the "free time" thoughts I've been mulling over this past week. In this dream I had decided to drive over to Lake Okeechobee - about 30 minutes from here - by myself without telling anyone - just before dark. This is when the dream became a nightmare. Nothing seemed familiar. Water from the lake had flooded the street and I couldn't see the road. After stopping to take pictures of the rising flood (!!!!!!), I turned around to drive home, but found myself lost in a town I did not recognize. Dark had descended and I could see small groups of people that I perceived to be threatening approaching me. I couldn't find my cell phone and I started to panic, but not before getting out of my car to take pictures of an empty quaint old hotel surrounded by large beautiful live oaks.
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. ~ Ephesians 5:15-16
Here I was surrounded by danger (evil?) and still taking pictures. Probably not the best use of my time. Thank goodness it was just a dream. To be continued... Free time... Part I.