Monday

Misty and vanishing...

DSC00175
The two strawberry blonde teens sat shoulder to shoulder, snuggled between parents on one side and grandparents on the other. They filled half the pew a few rows ahead of us.
DSC00055
"Do you ever long for the days you were that family?" I lamented in a whisper to my friend sitting next to me. "It's a small window of time, isn't it?" She acknowledged with a sigh.
Time - the lack of it, the passing of it, the brevity of it. It's been a recent recurring theme. "I can't wait for cooler weather." I heard myself foolishly declare.
DSC00210

Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” ~ James 4:13-15
There's no guarantee of cooler weather in my future; and who knows what blessings - what mercies, gifts and delights I am failing to embrace in these green August days while I wish time away waiting for fall.

DSC00185
Photos: A green August morning in my Pollywog Creek backyard.