Tuesday

Wonder what I missed...


Driving down the isolated wooded road to my friend's house one morning last week, I came upon four deer grazing along the side of the road. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera.

Soliloquy

I was not going to make that mistake again. As I headed out the door this morning to make that same drive, I grabbed my camera and placed it on the dashboard over the steering wheel where I could access it quickly.


I drove slowly down the winding road, continuously scanning the edge of the woods for signs of the deer, but by the time I reached the road's end and the driveway to my friend's home, I had not seen a thing.

Disappointed, I turned off the car and prepared to go inside. As I snapped the lens cap back on my camera this thought occured to me, "I wonder what I missed while I was looking for deer."

*Photos from my Pollywog Creek backyard