Wednesday

As thou has been, thou forever will be...



"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen Your frame. You will be like a well watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."  Isaiah 58.11
My sincerest apologies {again} to all who are clinging to summer's last hurrahs - this last day of August and the final stretch into the Labor Day weekend.

I know your pain. It grips me every spring - when cool, dry days begin to give way to scorching heat, oppressive humidity and mosquitoes - and I grasp and savor every last refreshing breath.

I rejoice at August's waning moments and the hope that cooler days are just around the scorching bend, but I've tried to be careful to not wish my life away - longing for a different time or place....or season. 

Today - this very moment even - is what I have....

...to delight in
...to appreciate
...to rest in
...to be grateful for
...to be loving
...to be encouraging
...to pray
...to cherish
...to share
...to create
...to embrace
...to not waste

Added later:
...to play
...to laugh
...to sing
...to dance
...to praise
...to cry
...to kiss and hug


{what would you add?}

A small plaque inscribed with Isaiah 58:11 hangs on a wall in my home. Taken out of context, I've often thought it was written just for me - encouragement to get through our long and heavy summers. As I look back on these August days and bid her farewell, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for all the Lord has done for me. He has surely been with me. He has guided me, satisfied my every need and strengthened my frame.

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me. {listen}


Great is thy faithfulness, O God my father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will b
e



Last week of August on Pollywog Creek


{Photos} This last week of August on Pollywog Creek