Wednesday

Living in the now...

Looking through archived photos last night, I revisted this blog post from August 2010 and was amused that some things in my life never seem to change...

DSC00175

The two strawberry blonde teens sat shoulder to shoulder, snuggled between parents on one side and grandparents on the other. They filled half the pew a few rows ahead of us in church.
 
DSC00055


"Do you ever long for the days you were that family?" I lamented in a whisper to my friend sitting next to me. 

"It's a small window of time, isn't it?" She acknowledged with a sigh.




Time - the lack of it, the passing of it, the brevity of it. It's been a recent recurring theme.

"I can't wait for cooler weather." I heard myself foolishly declare.


DSC00210

Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” ~ James 4:13-15
There's no guarantee of cooler weather in my future; and who knows what blessings - what mercies, gifts and delights I am failing to embrace in these green August days while I wish time away waiting for fall.

DSC00185


Is there a time in the future you are wishing for - a time and a place that is distracting you from living in the now?


Photos: A green August morning in my Pollywog Creek backyard.