Saturday

Weekends {are for} wanderings...



...looking back and catching up

As far as I know, all my loved ones made it through this week of new things and new rhythms for new routines with only a few minor glitches. Truthfully, there will always be glitches, right? And the sooner we accept that, they won't catch us by surprise and trip us up. We can deal with them and move on.

To the short RA update I posted earlier this week I'll add that I continue to feel better every day. Overwhelmed by God's kindness and mercy, I've been whispering "thank you, God" all day long as everywhere I turn I discover evidences of His hand at work around me. {Can I thank you enough for your prayers?}

Friends I've not seen in several years brought lunch, laughter, and the sweetest fellowship into my home this week. I've not had many visitors since my trip to the emergency room over five weeks ago - a price we pay for living on a dead-end road in a rural community nearly an hour from where we go to church.

The morning after that delightful afternoon, I felt better than I had in weeks. Louis was home to protect me from dogs and gators and myself, so I loaded my basket with cameras and wandered about outside taking photographs until I was drenched and Louis insisted I go inside. Maybe the new meds are starting to kick in - I certainly hope so - but I tend to think it's the good medicine of love and laughter and friendship that eases the sometimes overwhelming pain and loneliness and opens the way for healing.

There are circumstances we sometimes need to experience for ourselves before our eyes and hearts are open to the needs of others. I told my friends that I've learned much in this season of disability - a season I truly believe is passing - that will make me a better giver of care to others in the future.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. ~ 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 ESV



{Photos} Dusk last evening on Pollywog Creek